Rio Secreto - The most beautiful Underground River
Río Secreto could very well be one of the great wonders of the world.
Dare to live a fantastic experience in one of the most incredible locations in the Riviera Maya.
Enter this natural museum filled with a kaleidoscope of speleothems and walk an easy 600m route amidst the thousands of stalactites and stalagmites found in this protected natural reserve.
1. Arrival at highway parking lot, located on the feder highway Chetumal Puerto Juárez at km 282. Transport to the site is provided in our original all-terrain Mercedes Benz Unimog’s.
2. Arrival at a Rio Secreto. Our guides will meet visitors, brief visitors regarding site attractions, usage and safety & provide visitors with all appropriate clothing and equipment.
3. Visitors will then be guided on a one and a half hour (or 600 meter) tour of Rio Secreto, walking and swimming along the route.
4. A light but substantial lunch will be enjoyed after this unique and exciting experience.
The order of these activities may vary depending on daily logistics.
Availability & Prices:
Daily from Riviera Maya From Cancun
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday &Thusrday
Regular Rate Adults: $99.00 USD Special Internet Price $89.00
Children ( 4-11) Rates: $ 49.50 USD
The following may not be taken on the tour inside the underground river:
• Any objects in swimsuit pockets
• Photo or video cameras (nor waterproof)
• Any other type of bag
How to dress and what to bring to Rio Secreto the natural Reserve
• Comfortable clothing and walking shoes, (no flipflops!), short-sleeved T-shirt is recommended
• Bathing suit on, additional set of dry clothes
• Credit card or cash for tips, photos, videos, crafts and souvenirs
Equipment for all activities, transportation, entrance fees, towels, lockers, meals and beverages included.
• Maximum weight: 250lb /120 kg
• Minimum age: 6 years
• This tour is not available for people with severe physical handicaps, heart diseases, pregnant women nor for people
under the influence of alcohol or drugs